Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We’re All Moved In!

Wow, can’t believe that we bought a house.  We’ve been in for about 2 weeks now.  We have found just a few kinks, like the ceiling fan in the living room that won’t work.  Well the lights work, but we can’t seem to get the fan mechanism to turn on.  We turned the coat closet in the laundry room into a much needed pantry closet and need to finish caulking the tile around the kitchen counters.  But that is all we have found so far.  I think that is pretty good!  We are loving the house and are trying to figure out painting colors for once we get our tax return.  HMMM, maybe I should focus more on actually getting our taxes done first. 

 

Other great news – JJ is walking.  He is so cute.  He will get about 4-5 steps in and then get so excited with himself that he falls on his behind.  He has had some really good walking stints where he makes it about 20 feet, but that has only happened a few times.  I still haven’t figured out how to get videos from my phone on here so that you can see it.  I think BJ will have to take them on his phone as my video format on my phone is different than what I need.  JJ is going to be turning 11 months in another week.  I can’t believe that he is almost a year old!  He is also getting very vocal.  He has to eat everything on his own and hates if I give him bites of food, unless they are marshmallows from my off brand lucky charms cereal.  Aren’t I a good mom, filling my kid up with sugar in the morning.  At least I am sharing right?!  JJ loves his new home, but is missing the grandparents.  Previously we were staying with BJ’s parents, so JJ had a bunch of admirers and attention.  Now whenever they visit he gets all giggly and gets a big smile on his face.  It is really cute.  He was showing off for Grandma Fowler earlier today when she stopped by.  He is such a cute little boy.  I love being a mom. 

 

My job is also changing up a bit.  I am working for a DME company and have been challenging all of their denials from the insurance companies.  I have to appeal the denials.  As of March 1st we will now be switching from 1 biller to 3.  They are hiring on another biller and switching my job up a bit.  Instead of me doing all the appeals for all of the locations around the US, I will be doing the billing/appeals for the Fife location.  Each biller will get a location or two (depending on the volume of sales from each location) and will handle all the billing and appeals for those locations.  So I am excited for the change.  Now I won’t get too depressed from dealing with messed up files all day every day and will get to do some regular work to get my mind off it now and then. 

 

So that is all our news these past few weeks.  We will try to get some pics of JJ and the house up soon.  I wanted to wait until I got some decorations up on the wall so since that is now done I have no excuse.  BJ is here complaining that he didn’t get his own paragraph about what is new with him so I guess I can say that he is getting his building/handyman skills up to par.  He is the one that built our pantry shelves and installed our bed frame tonight.  He even cooked dinner tonight.  Aren’t I lucky!  He has been working hard with classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights and working at the spa cover place full time.  He also has two websites that he is working on designing (designed by jeebs grafx).  He is such a hard worker. 

No comments: