Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a way to end the workweek!

So we got good news today.  Our bank is ready to finance the loan as of the 26th of January.  The renters that currently reside in the house though won’t be out until the 30th.  So that means that we are closing on the 3rd of February and should get the keys no later than Friday the 5th.  HOOORAY!!!!  

BJ and I can’t wait to get moved back into town.  All this driving back and forth from the parents to work is too much!  It literally takes 2 hours out of your day.  I know some of you city living folks will say that spending that amount of time in your car is just a way of life.  But there is a reason we don’t live in the big cities.  If we did, we would probably have serious cases of road rage and our Psychiatrists would force us to move back to the rural country where you can get to the closest grocery store in 15 minutes not an hour.  Oh, I can’t wait. 

I also am testing JJ to see how smart he is.  He likes to play with the toilet paper dispenser in the bathroom.  He turns it and turns it till there is a big pile on the floor.  I finally got tired of it today and realized that he only turns the roll one direction.  So I took the dispenser rod and flipped it around.  So now when he rolls it, it keeps it the paper wrapped up instead of unrolling it.  This will be a real test of his brains, I am waiting to see how long it takes for him to figure out all he has to do is roll it the other way.  It is one of those circumstances that I hope that he doesn’t figure it out, simply for my own nerves.  But secretly I hope that he does because that will mean that he is a smart kid.

BJ has been busy this week making a video for Cedar MT Spa Covers.  It is something that they can burn onto a DVD and send out to all their customers to give them an overview of their products, quality of materials, and educate them on how to fill out an order form correctly and order online.  We just watched it.  It’s really cool.  He did an excellent job.  He is also busy designing a website for a friend of ours.  I am sure he is getting tired of working all day at his normal job and then coming home and working on his design/video projects.  Combine that with his night web design courses on Tuesday and Thursday, he doesn’t get to play very much.  Poor fella.  Can’t wait till someday his design business is busy enough that he doesn’t have to do both jobs.  Maybe it will even be busy enough that I don’t have to work.  A girl can dream.  I have faith that it will happen though.  He is determined enough to make it work. 

Loves to all the family & friends – we miss those that are far away!

2 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Thanks for stopping my my blog!! Love yours - you guys are such a cute family...

Casey and Tami said...

Just so you know, once you guys live in town, we'll probably come and hang out at your place a lot. Not necessarily because ours is lame but, ah its because our apartments is lame... I can already picture Casey saying lets go to BJ and Janalees and play with JJ. That in itself is reason enough! Ps. I cant wait for summer! I was looking at your pictures and we had some good beach memories!