Monday, September 22, 2008

Crazy Weekend

Wow, well this weekend was productive and crazy. It all started on Friday night with our neighbors partying it up as usual. It was weird as this was the first night in a long time that I actually konked out for the entire night! I mean, no getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, nothing. I even slept through the neighbors partying, (BJ not so lucky) and then I even woke up at 7:30 in the morning wide awake! Amazing what a good nights sleep can do.

BJ being the crazy kid he is, decided to make a bunch of noise in the garage that morning trying to get back at the partying neighbors. So we decided to start cleaning out the garage at 7:30 am. We organized things to sell on craigslist, threw away a bunch of stuff and made a thrift shop pile. Then of course there was the 4-wheeler, that had to be moved (hence started up and made a LOT of noise) to make room for our organizing. LOL. I'm sure they loved that, then again they were probably too drunk to even hear it. We finished that by 9:30 in the morning and were at a loss of what to do, except for the 5 boxes that we had moved inside the house. Now the inside of the house looked messier than the garage! So we spent the rest of the morning organizing the boxes and putting it away. BJ ran into two Mini-DV tapes that he had recorded from when he was on his mission in Japan. Those were fun to watch.

Then we went out and Janalee bought her first bunch of maternity clothes. Wow - they are so much more comfortable than regular clothes. But still - why can't they make cute maternity pants. I mean - just because we are fat, doesn't mean we don't want to look cute! Hardly any of them had cute pockets or were faded in the appropriate spots to make you look thinner. It was aggravating. Luckily the one cute pair that I found actually did fit me (although, still pretty big, they will work for a while).

Other news - BJ got a new calling this Sunday. He is now the Young Mens First Councellor. We were scared at first that when they reorganized it he might be taken out of the Young Mens, but are so glad they kept him in. He enjoys it so much. Still no news on a co-teacher for me though. I think I am going to loose my mind :).

Oh - I forgot the best part though - Saturday night.... Janalee told off the neighbors. Ya, so this time, BJ was konked out, and they started up their ping pong ball championship in the garage again, so Janalee, hops out of bed, gets out the lease agreement to see if she can find any help there...nothing. So she puts matters into her own hands and stomps out to the neighbors garage. She bangs really hard twice on the garage, scaring the boys inside. Here is the transcription....

Boy 1: "What was that?"
Boy 2: "It wasn't you?"
Janalee: "It was me"
Boy 1: "Who is Me?"
Janalee: "Your neighbor"
Boy 2: "Oh Crap"
Janalee: "Do you guys realize that we can hear everything you say and do in there?"
Boy 1: "No, I had no idea"
Janalee: "I realize you guys have only lived here for 2 weeks, but you partied the first weekend, then last night, and then again tonight. If it doesn't stop, I will get the police and management involved."
Boy 1: "We didn't know"
Janalee: "What did you expect, you moved into family housing!"

Then I walk away.

I kind of feel bad about it now. There are a bunch of better ways to handle the situation than getting mad at them. I hate to think of having a bad relationship with my neighbors. But hey, I am a grouchy pregnant women when my sleep is in jeopardy. They have been quiet so far since then, but we will see.

So that was our weekend!

No comments: